Rebound Athletic Therapy is an Athletic Therapy clinic operating within Abs-O-lute Health Club in New Minas, Nova Scotia. Opened in 2014, Rebound Athletic Therapy has been helping recreational enthusiasts to elite athletes stay active and live their active lifestyle to the fullest.
Who is Rebound
Jennie Weisner, the owner of Rebound AT, is a graduate of the Sheridan College Athletic Therapy program and became certified with the Canadian Athletic Therapist's Association in August of 2014. Prior to completing the Bachelor of Applied Health Sciences in Athletic Therapy, Jennie graduated from Memorial University with a Bachelor of Kinesiology(Hons.) in 2011.
Jennie's previous work experiences in the athletic therapy role include:
- Memorial University Women's Basketball 2009-2011
- Sheridan College Women's Basketball 2011/2012
- Sheridan College Men's Indoor Soccer 2012
- Seneca College Women's Soccer 2012
- Seneca College Men's Volleyball 2012/2013
- Canada Basketball Men's Program 2013
- Seneca College Men's Baseball 2013
- Mississauga Power Professional Basketball 2013/2014
- Oakville Crusaders Rugby Club 2014
Jennie currently provides AT field coverage as a part of the team at KMF Athletic Therapy in Lower Sackville which has included many horse shows, high school and provincial level football, and cheerleading events.
Mark Francisco, CAT(C)
Raised in London, Ontario, Mark attended the University of Western Ontario where he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science in 2010. While attending Western, Mark became interested in the field of athletic therapy. After graduating from Western, Mark attended Sheridan College in Brampton, Ontario and received his Bachelor’s of Applied Heath Sciences in Athletic Therapy. Mark became certified with the Canadian Athletic Therapists’ Association in 2015.
Mark's previous work experiences in the athletic therapy role include:
- Forest City London Soccer Club of the United Soccer Leagues 2011-2015
- Oakville Rangers Midget AAA Hockey Club 2011-2012
- OMHA U16 Regional Program of Excellence camp 2012
- Laurier University Men’s Hockey 2012-2013
- Pan American Cup Field Hockey Championship 2013
- Guelph Storm of the Ontario Hockey League 2013-2014
- Canadian Soccer Association’s Men's Olympic Qualifying Camp 2015
- Valley Wildcats Midget AAA 2015-2016
- Hockey Nova Scotia's High Performance Program 2016
- Rugby Canada’s Regional ID camp 2016
- Canadian Soccer Association's National "B" coaching course 2016
- World Sledge Hockey Challenge 2016
Currently, Mark is the Athletic Therapist for the Valley Wildcats Jr. A hockey team and oversees the medical aspect of the entire club.